RP-Fantasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy role play (RP) forum for literate fantasy/science fiction role plays.

3 posters

Caravan RP

Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Caravan RP Empty Caravan RP

Post  Lexie-chan Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 pm

For the info on this RP, please see this topic in the RP Info section of our boards. Caravan RP Info

You will find all information there. Here are the people that will be RP'ing. As more people join and are active, I will add the names to the list.

Lexie-chan
    Ashen
    God of shadows

--------------
    I think that the caravan will first be stopping in Tiento, the capital city. Your opening post will be there, and if you end up going with the caravan (obviously the point of this RP), then you'll need to say something about going there. Give people enough to work with please, and remember that this is a literate RP!

I will now write my character's introductory post.
    --------------

Aveyli twitched her ears. She was watching a string of people, animals, and wagons stream into Tiento. They were strange, and some of them looked pretty rich. Curious, she moved towards the entourage from where she was standing. Walking down a few steps, she pushed by a few people who were also watching the caravan come into the city.

The elf stepped out into the street, and started to walk in the direction that the caravan was moving in- there was no standing around here, where you could be trampled by a wildebeest. The caravan was moving towards the city square, and she knew that they would probably be there for a day at the most, and then pack up and move onto the next town or city to peddle their goods elsewhere.

A thought occurred to Aveyli: Perhaps she could go with them? The thought was new, but it did seem to be a good one to her. With her parents always telling her to get off of her butt in their letters, Aveyli decided to actually listen to them for once. Finding work within the caravan couldn't be too hard, could it? Her ears perked up in anticipation.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Caravan RP Empty Re: Caravan RP

Post  God of shadows Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm

"I'll borrow this, if you don't mind", Grolloc said to his dead victim about a finger he had amputated from it's hand.
    "I take that as a yes", he continued when the corpse didn't answer, and placed it in his bag.
    Then he put the bag over the shoulder and walked cheerfully away to the door.
    "Have a nice day", Grolloc said before closing the door after himself, leaving the place.
    Back on the roof, he walked the same way as he did when he came to do his mission, but this time the other way. Once he stopped, to scratch his but, and continued thereafter his walk over the roofs.
    When he had climbed down the "hidden" ladder, some sound reached his ears. Quickly he turned around, and stood there with a paralyzed stare. The source of the sound came from a big 'n fat hen.
    The bird cackled some more while giving him a sheepish look from the other side of the small alley.
    Grolloc grinned at the hen.
    "Well, I think it's time for FOOD!" the last word he singed out, but around six octaves in the wrong direction, and made a rush against the hen.
    The hen, scared of the noise, began to run away from the fast appearing music-killer.
    "Damn you, bird. I'm gonna catch you for sure!" Grolloc shouted after the hen, and then the hunt began.
    First, a straight run across the big alley(outside the alley with the ladder), then a jump over a packmule and some splashing in the fountain. Thereafter a zig-zag race between people in a big crowd, and through the food stores(and some trembling over a sack of potatoes, making some mess in there). Back outside, the hen was going to run into a new crowd, but with a final jump Grolloc catched the hen before it got lost.
    "Good done, helping a common farmer getting his hen", said a bearded man to Grolloc when he was back on his feet, and took the bird from him. "She has been gone in a half hour, but thanks to you I finally got her back. Hope you'll have a lucky day today."
    The farmer was gone before Grolloc could say anything, leaving him with an empty stomach and a dirty cape.
    "Stealing my food, that's for sure", muttered Grolloc for himself.
    Suddenly he got aware of a big caravan on the square, the same square Grolloc was standing in, and an idea began to take form in his head.
    He dust off most of the dirt on the cape, and began to walk to the caravan in the search of their leader. Because maybe the caravan was going to Aeioru, where his job requestor had his bureau.
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Sirrah rubbed at her eyelids for a moment, letting out a tired sigh. She was glad to have finally stopped traveling, considering her money supply was getting dangerously low, and she was tired of having to fall asleep in the bumpy carriages. Even sleeping on the cobblestones would be better after all those nights of being jostled about.

Still, she couldn't complain. In joining the Caravan as a performer, Sirrah had gotten to experience many wonderful things, and learn more than she ever would have been able if she had stayed with her human family. Even if times were hard, she felt that the reward from it all was compensation enough.

Still inside her preferred carriage, Sirrah dutifully checked over the trunks that contained her extensive costuming, all of which had been hand sewn by the woman herself. Aside from her necklace, they were her most prized possessions. Not only were they something that reliably earned her daily bread, they were made in the fashion of the clothing of her people. At least, as best as she could remember it. With another soft sigh, she patted the wooden lid of the nearest crate, and stepped to the door.

Slipping down from the step, Sirrah's dark green eyes quickly swept the street, taking in the new sights of the city. It certainly wasn't the biggest, but after a long time of just the Caravan's people, this many was daunting. Still, she didn't let her own animosity register on her face. Instead, it was rep[laced with a startled look of surprise as a man in black bolted past her, grabbing in vain at a large hen. She leaped to the side, bumping into another couple of people, and stared after the man as, after one massive spring, his fingers found the bird. Then, to top it all off, the man's query was taken by a burly farmer.
    With a giggle, Sirrah nodded. The city certainly was more fun than being out on the road all the time.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Grolloc knocked on the nearest wagon and waited with a serious face.
    BOOM!
    The man who had opened the door was just bones and skin and almost 6 and a half feet long, with extremly long, grey-brown hair pointing in all directions. He held a plaid to cover the lower part of his body and his legs, and he was furious.
    "GET LOST! LEMME HAVE ME SLEEP, SCUMBAG!"
    BOOM!
    The door was closed again, and Grolloc got the same face as before.
    "Well, that door I won't open again", he muttered, and continued to the next door.
    Before he had got to the second door, something called on his attention. Grolloc turned his head, and saw...
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Sirrah had just pulled one of her street performance trunks down off the step of the wagon, and set it down by mistake right on her bare foot. With a small cry of pain, she leaped back, pulling her smarting toes out from under the heavy wooden box. Hopping about on one foot, the small woman clutched at her foot, rubbing it in an effort to cease the pain. As soon as she was sure none of her toes were broken, she lowered her throbbing foot back to the cobblestones and whipped her head around to check if anyone had seen.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Grolloc smiled within his hood, and walked forth to the embarrassed woman.
    "Greetings, young fellow", he began, "may you tell me in which wagon I can find this caravan's leader?"
    While he had talked, the woman had for a very short time slipped out a smile and hid it fast behind a serious face, but this smile was in some way about Grolloc, which he feel somewhat uncomfortable with. But he still had his polite smile on his lips, not showing his unsureness outside.
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Sirrah's eyes narrowed suspiciously at the man, and her ears flicked back. Anyone wearing a hood had something to hide in her experience, and she was almost positive that polite smile had held a small bit of amusement at her blunder. Stepping protectively closer to her chest, she laid a hand on the worn wood and said, "Why? We haven't broken any laws in coming here. The square's fair territory, as long as we keep the streets from being too bogged down..."
    Despite her suspicion, the man seemed familiar. The hood made it difficult to tell, but she was almost positive she'd seen him before... Then, suddenly, the realization hit her. "Wait! You're the chicken man!" She said, her suspicious looks changing to a look of amused surprise. With a small, nervous laugh, she suddenly wished she hadn't said anything at all. Upsetting a hooded man who stood twice her size was really not very smart at all.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Grolloc frowned, and muttered loudly:
    "Chicken... chicken...?"
    He wondered what that woman was speaking about. What chicken?
    Finally he remembered the race earlier.
    "Ah! You mean that chicken."
    Then he gave her a meaning look as he continued: "You know it's hard getting food nowadays.
    But well well..." Grolloc scratched his cheek. "I have plans of leaving this town, and wondered if this caravan were going the same way as I am. To be an inspector or a city guard is just boring, better being a locust." The last said with a dreaming smile.
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Sensing no hostility, Sirrah quickly dropped her guard.
    "Yeah, finding enough to eat can get a little rough, especially for people like us. The life of a 'locust' is certainly more fun, but much harder than being an inspector or city guard..." She said, starting out lightly, though her tone slowed a little through her sentence.

Working for food could sometimes be hard, especially when it revolved around people being entertained. Women could be catty, men could be grabby, and children... well, children could be the cruelest of all. They were the quickest to throw stones, or spit at anything different. Sirrah couldn't think of any city she hadn't stayed in for over a week that something hadn't come whizzing at her. The chicken man was right; the life of a vagabond was certainly not boring.

"Well anyways, I'm Sirrah. What's your name?" Even if she was less guarded now, the woman wanted to know more about this Chicken Man. Especially if he wanted to live in the same Caravan as her...
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm

"Sirrah, you say?" asked Grolloc, and continued dramatically when he saw the nod from her. "My name is not Helleros, nor it is Blaghan. And I won't answer to Preshka.
    My name is Grolloc, my young Sirrah."
    Then he removed the hood from the head.
    "But I tell you're wrong about locusts. Have you ever heard about a swarm so big you cannot see the sky? And when they leave it is like a desert? Sure they're lazy and thievishly things, but hungry they don't have to be, that I can tell you."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content