RP-Fantasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy role play (RP) forum for literate fantasy/science fiction role plays.

5 posters

Caravan RP Info

Poll

Are you going to participate?

[ 4 ]
    Caravan RP Info I_vote_lcap80%Caravan RP Info I_vote_rcap [80%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Caravan RP Info I_vote_lcap0%Caravan RP Info I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Caravan RP Info I_vote_lcap20%Caravan RP Info I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 5
    Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Caravan RP Info Empty Caravan RP Info

Post  Lexie-chan Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Story:
    The merchants and people of Duneira travel along the roads of the land in caravans to ward of monsters and to protect the goods that they are ferrying. You have joined the caravan at their last stop, and have joined them in moving through the land. Drama, monsters, and magic abound.

World:
    The world is Duneira, a massive continent with all kinds of magic, monsters, and all other types of crazy things. The civilizations will be at about a Renaissance or late medieval level of technology. There may be guns, but they'll be of a more antique style.

Several stops along the caravan route will be:
    Aeioru: A city in a mid-northern forest. It is beside a lake, and is one of the largest cities.
    Tiento: The capital city, set beside a desert oasis. The largest city.
    Durin: A mid size city in a tropical southern location.
    Lodaria: A small sea side city in the west.
    Ivto: Another small sea side city in the west, but to the north of Lodaria. It is larger than Lodaria.

There are few civilizations in the east, as there's a large mountain range there. There will also be several other small cities, towns, and villages, but they will be off the main roads, and they will not be very large.

Also, feel free to create magicians, swordsmen, and people of different races. Do something irregular.

Races:
    There are all different types of races. The most common ones are listed here. Contact RP-Fantasy by note if you want to introduce a new playable race.

Elves: Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves. All are acceptable. You know what an elf is.
    Humans: If you do not know what a human is, welcome to our planet.
    Hybrids: Half human/elf and animal hybrids. Cat people, bird people, whatever.
    Other Hybrids: Half monster, half angel, half demon. Whatever.

Note: If you wish to be a crazy race, like a demon or an angel or a monster, please ask first.

Caravan Note: Caravans travel all over the place, delivering goods. Therefore, you are free to come and go as you please, but you might not be able to find the caravan until they come back to that city, unless you know where they're going.
    Also, when the word 'caravan' is used, it is in reference to a travelling group of merchants and people who bring their goods with them in wagons and/or carriages. Human smuggling is not that uncommon, and neither is theft or murder. This makes for fun.

Rules:
    - No god modding.
    - No controlling other people's characters.
    - You may have no more than two characters.
    - Romance is fine, just keep it PG-13.
    - No spamming in the threads.
    - Don't kill off other people's characters without their consent.
    - Companion animals are allowed.
    - Use third person when your character is speaking.
    - This is a literate RP, so you need to use a paragraph format, like in a novel or book.
    - You need to post at least a paragraph per post. Give people something to work with!
    - Don't create Mary Sues or Gary Stus.
    - Have fun!

CHARACTER SHEET INFO:
    Name:
    Appearance:

Personality:
    Background:
    Likes/Dislikes:
    Strengths/Weaknesses:
    Skills/Abilities:

Explanation:
    Name:
    (Pretty easy, what your character goes by. Name: XXX)
    (How old your character is, as well as how old they look if applicable. XXX is YY years old.)
    (Male, female, or something else? XXX is Z gender.)
    Appearance:
    (How your character looks physically. You can either describe, or link to a picture/have a picture in your deviation. XXX has long, straight, silver hair. XXX carries a katana, and wears black leather.)

Personality:
    (What are some of the noticeable things about your character's personality? Are they dark, easy going, optimistic, violent? XXX is a mean, cruel person, but is kind to those that show XXX kindness.)
    Background:
    (What can you tell us about how your character got to where they are today? Don't ruin everything if you're planning a bit of a twist! XXX doesn't have much of a family, but they had a good childhood.)
    Likes/Dislikes:
    (What does your character like, and what don't they like? XXX likes cabbage and dancing, and dislikes fish and drawing.)
    Strengths/Weaknesses:
    (What is your character good and bad at? XXX can sword fight, and is quite good at escaping from sticky situations. XXX sucks at listening to people, as well as reaching their goals.)
    Skills/Abilities:
    (What special abilities does your character have? Can they climb, can they shoot lasers out of their eyes? XXX can jump very high, and can use strange mental powers.)

SIGNED UP RP'ERS:
    Ashen
    Ashen

Caravan RP Info Empty Re: Caravan RP Info

Post  Ashen Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Signing up! ((Those that have RP'ed with me before will know this character. Oh well.))

~*~
    Name: Eira Winther
    Appearance:
    SPECIES: Human, mainly. Has Elfin blood somewhere in her family
    EYE COLOR: Light Blue
    HAIR: White (in reality, a very pale blonde. But it looks white.) Her hair is wavy and quite long, reaching about the middle of her back, but she keeps it in a knot at the nape of her neck.
    WEIGHT: 148
    HEIGHT: 5' 6”
    DISTINCTIVE MARKS: Some slight scaring on her legs and arms, most are not really noticeable, but there is one that runs from her knee to about halfway down her shin that stands out. Her hands are also noticeably scarred.
    ATTIRE: Regardless of the outfit, she has bandages wrapped on both her hands. Also has daggers in various places, including boots and the small of her back. Also (usually) wears a belt, with a dagger there as well.
    Normal- A lightweight blue peasant blouse, the sleeves ending at her elbows. A brown leather vest. A short-ish 3-tiered skirt, with brown leggings underneath. Practical boots.
    Winter- similar to her normal outfit. Changes: a long-sleeved peasant blouse, a fur lined vest. Poncho/Cloak with hood, lined with fur; cloak reaches her knees. Gloves. Boots come to mid-calf, also fur-lined.
    Work: (When meeting cartography customers- )A fitted white blouse, embroidered in red, blue, and green along the hems. A flowing black skirt that reaches the floor, with a ruffle along the hem that is also embroidered. They are very well made, and scream of respectability. (When meeting... other customers-) Black shirt, black pants, grey hooded cloak. (When working-) A variation of her normal outfit, but older and stained. Wears a canvas apron, stained with ink.
    ACCESSORIES: A necklace that belonged to her father- a gold pendant with an azure stone in the middle. Likely Elvin in origin, it has been passed down through her family for years.

Personality: Generally nice- on the quiet side, but friendly. But watch out- she holds grudges and can be vindictive when provoked. She gets her revenge while never letting on that she is angry.

Background: Eira was raised in the city mainly by her three older brothers. Her mother worked nights at a tavern, and her father was often busy working on his maps. She forced her brothers to teach her how to fight with daggers. When it became apparent to her father that her brothers lacked any art skill whatsoever, he taught her how to make maps. It was after her father passed that she started dabbling in forgery.

Likes//Dislikes: Music, drawing // Spiders

Strengths//Weaknesses: Quite good with a dagger, and can hold her own in a fist fight//Besides for an irrational, nearly debilitating fear of spiders, Eira has an more logical fear of being found out as a forger.

Skills//Abilities: Skilled artist-- useful for map making and forging; able to tell when someone is lying (due to training, but also because of her magic); agile; can juggle and throw knives; able to create a small light to see by, like a small glowing ball of energy that hangs in the air around her.
    Magic: Healing- however, there is a catch. When she heals someone, she becomes emotionally attached. The more often she heals them, the more attached she gets. She tries to avoid healing people as often as possible, and keeps quiet of it's consequences. Dual View- able to make the enemy see double, with each version looking equally real. Flash Flare- emits a bright light to blind an enemy
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 am

(This is actually the first time I'm rp;ing online, hoping I won't do too fatal mistakes)

Name: Grolloc Be'heold
    Appearance:
    BODY: Normal length and somewhat athletic. Blue eyes often with a wierd humourous glance, little bit a craziness in them, but when he gets really angry they freeze and becomes icicles percing the one he's not so happy with. His black, wavy hair reaches to his shoulders, and he got a broad, lunatic smile, almost always.
    CLOTHS: He wears a big, black mantle with a hood on it. The hood is often on, but with people he often meet he takes it off. Under the mantle he wears simple cloths in black, because of his lack of money. Wears sturdy boots. In the winter season he has changed the mantle with a thick black robe, and wears now a pair of black leather gloves.
    WEAPONS: Knives, and daggers, everywhere. At least 15 knives and daggers in different places he has hide on himself, except the visible one he's on his belt in a sheath.

Personality: You don't know his next move, cuz none thinks in his crazy way, even in battles. Hard to annoy him. Often jokes, and the jokes is between horrible grim humour and weirdo humour only he understands. Often making crazy things, like tieing his legs together and try to walk then, or poking one's cheek or with an arm around one's shoulders tell why one should be poking in the king's nose. But when he's alone sometimes he becomes very depressive. When one comes too close socially he dance/jumps away and make a distance between you two, because he has lost too many to have any close relationships
    Background: He had a good childhood, but when he became 15 one by one his familly became murdered. In some strange way he manage to escape, but that memory is mentally blocked. After a while he got a friend and a light in his dark world. But this trader familly died in their home, that burned down, when he was doing something else. He got even more touched by sorrow than before. He gave it one third chance when a prostitute became friends, and slowly they fell in love. Suddenly one day he found her dead in a slaughter by a maniac. It was then he gave up, and signed in at the assassins guild and became an apprentice to the guildmaster. Somewhere in the middle of his education he slipped one day and landed on his head. Something happened that he's behaving pretty asocially. He was still a very excellent student, and made the exam in no time. Untill today he had gotten a pretty big reputation, and he's got the name The laughing shadow by common folks, and people becomes scared when they hear that The laughing shadow has commited a murder in their town. People know his "name", but they haven't seen him, or so they think...
    Likes/Dislikes: Apples, confuse people, being one step ahead/close relationships
    Strengths/Weaknesses: Very good to talk around folk, making strange but somewhat realistic connections, changing subject, good condition, confuse people/explain his feelings
    Skills/Abilities: Acrobatic, random and weird combat style, using his knives/daggers, assassin and run.

(Excuse my bad grammar ^^' And tell me if there's something I have to change/add/delete, cuz it took time creating him and don't want it all deleted)
    Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Post  Lexie-chan Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Both of your profiles are good, they'll do just fine! Smile
    I'll be posting a profile, soon, but I've been extremely busy lately, so it may take a day or two.

@Ashen: I laughed when I saw Eira.

@Shadows: As long as we can read your posts, then your grammar is fine. Razz RP'ing online isn't that hard, either, and I'm sure that you'll be okay.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok, that sounds good Smile

Do we have one that'll work like a gamemaster or what it's called? I mean one that tells why we're there and how the world look/hear/smell/feel like?
    Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Post  Lexie-chan Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 pm

No, not really. You basically make stuff up that would work for the setting and characters. I'll give you an example because I find this hard to explain. xD It'll be kind of condensed.

EXAMPLE:

Poster 1: XXX walked along the dirty streets. It was still just a bit dark out, with the sun just starting to peak over the horizon. The buildings blocked out parts of the sunlight as XXX walked into the shadowed alleyway. There was a person standing there, and a hood hid the person's face. XXX reached for xeir weapon, just for the security of having it in their hand or their immediate grip. Approaching, xe said, "So, are you YYY?"

Poster 2: YYY stood waiting, staring at the heaps of trash around them. It was gross, and YYY hoped that the person they were meeting would come soon. Hearing footsteps in the alleyway behind them, YYY turned quickly. The person approaching had their hand on their weapon, and YYY hissed. The person asked about who xe was. "Yeah, I'm YYY. XXX?"

--End--

Yeah, so basically you just build on what the previous poster said. If something is right out, then I, or someone else, will say something and it can be fixed.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

Ok, then I got it alright now ^^ That seems very easy to do, and I eagerly waiting for the rp to start ^^ Are we waiting for more people to join? How many do you want to rping this? (I just comming with questions ^^' but that just shows how much I wanna play XD )
    Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Post  Lexie-chan Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Yeah, we're waiting for just a few more people. I kind of want 4 or 5 people to be RPing, so we only really need two more once I post my profile... Which will be now.

Name: Aveyli Taloria
    Appearance: Aveyli is a young high elf from Aeioru. She's got long blonde hair, and light silver eyes. Her skin is very pale, and she's pretty thin. Aveyli usually wears thigh-high brown boots, and a short white skirt with white tights underneath. She wears a white tank top with tan detailing, and has a bow strapped to her back. She has a quiver of arrows on her hip. Aveyli also has pointed ears.

Personality: Aveyli is cheery and kind, as well as kind of naive. She's determined and courageous, but she can rush into dangerous situations without thinking. Aveyli doesn't get annoyed easily, and is a bit mischievous.
    Background: Aveyli was born in Aeioru, and lived there for most of her life. She had a good childhood, and learned a lot about the bow during that time. She also learned to sing during her childhood. When she was 19, her parents told her to go and make something of herself. She's slightly renowned as a singer, but not many people know about her talent for archery.
    Likes/Dislikes: Aveyli likes to sing more than anything else, and she also loves shooting. She likes friendly people, the colour blue, and roasted vegetables. / On the other hand, Aveyli greatly dislikes people that threaten her, and people that disapprove of singers. She hates cabbage.
    Strengths/Weaknesses: Aveyli is very good at singing, as well as shooting. She's good at meeting new people and making friends. / She is not good at being around negative people, and she can freak out under pressure. Aveyli is afraid of large birds, thanks to an unfortunate accident when she was a child.
    Skills/Abilities: Aveyli can cast a few 'enhancing' abilities for her bow, such as 'fire arrow', and 'ice arrow'. She can shoot at extremely long distances. Aveyli can sometimes (and only sometimes) put people into a trance with her singing. This works only under certain conditions, of course.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Maybe we should put up our characters in the gallery on deviantart too? Was just thinking of making it more interesting to join then, maybe.
    Ashen
    Ashen

Post  Ashen Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Possibly.

But I also think we should just start-- if we don't have an active RP, no one is going to want to join either. *shrugs* That's why I suggest this type of RP- so we could add people to the RP as we got more people in the forum.
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Yeah, cuz it wouldn't be fun waiting a long time, and not getting more people into it. I also think we should start now, and let more people in when they come.

My character is ready to rp Smile
    Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Post  Lexie-chan Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 pm

-Starting topic now-
    Ashen
    Ashen

Post  Ashen Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Question before I post in the RP- is it alright for me to have Eira already traveling with the caravan?
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Name: Sirrah [Seer-ah]

Appearance

Extra Appendages: She has lynx-like ears on either side of her head, and sleek but short tail. Aside from that, her silhouette is very human-like.

Eye Color: Dark Green, with a black sclera

Hair: Waist-length, coarse but glossy black. Usually braided, unless working. She also has cat-like fur covering her body, and it's a dark grey with black striping.

Weight: 130 lbs

Height: 4'7"

Attire: Usually she'll wear simple clothing in plain colors like browns and creams, and will wear pants more often than skirts. However, she will sometimes not wear much clothing at all, donning only a few scarves. Considering her fur, there isn't anything showing, but she's found that it makes people uncomfortable. She rarely wears shoes, unless the terrain is very rocky.

Winter: In winter, Sirrah will either wear a long, rabbit lined coat, scarves, and boots if there's ice/snow with her usual clothing, or a thick, woolen robe over just her fur. It really depends on her mood and the temperature.

Work: While Sirrah's normal clothing is very plain and functional, her work clothing is almost anything but. Depending on the time of day, weather, and town, she doubles as a fortune teller and acrobat, with clothing to match both of these. As an performer, her clothing is very bright toned, with lots of sparkly bits of metal sewn on that chime when she's bouncing around. She also paints her fur with red or blue designs, and lets her hair down to add to the 'exotic factor'. As a 'psychic', she dons more deep colors in intricately patterned robes or dresses and her painted designs.

Accessories/Weapons: Sirrah has a small, bright blue stone tied around her neck with a bit of sinew, which was a gift from her birth parents. She also has all sorts of jangly bangles and anklets for her performances, and a large beaded headdress for her readings. As for weapons, she has a very old, intricate ceremonial dagger, which she would never really use in a fight, and a small knife she keeps with her in larger cities to use for self defense.

Personality: Sirrah is generally more of a be-quiet-and-watch kind of person, but is fine with conversing casually with people. She's fairly secretive, and will try and redirect a conversation or just smile and stay quiet if she's asked a question she doesn't want to answer. Sirrah's very bright, and definitely kind, though gets annoyed fairly easy, especially by stupidity or whiners. She rarely begrudges anyone these annoyances, however, and is quick to forgive and quick to trust. She's also very quick to defend either her friends or ideals she believes in, but also won't speak if she feels that it's not her place. However, Sirrah is terrified of violence, and will run and hide from a fight, sometimes even when her friends are in danger. This action is a great cause of self-loathing for her, but Sirrah almost never immerses herself in pity, finding that less work gets done when she does. And less work means less to eat.
    All in all, she's terribly practical, and has a quiet, motherly sense about her.

Background: Sirrah was born into a small nomadic tribe of desert dwellers. She lived with them until she was 10, before getting lost during a move. After three days of wandering the roads and battling thirst, she was picked up by a human family traveling to one of the large cities. They took her in and finished her rearing, during which she learned to speak the Commontongue, and learned the basic culture and etiquette skills.
    As soon as she was old enough, she left her human family and joined the Caravan in an attempt to find her kind once more.

Likes/Dislikes: Pears, music, children, friends that you don't have to talk all the time with/ Forced smiles, the sound her acrobat costumes make, violence and arguments, betrayal

Strengths/Weaknesses: Very intelligent and practical, has a knack for deceiving or conning people (comes in handy for her work, though is averse to doing it outside her job), can work very hard if need be/ Freezes up or runs away at the first sign of a fight, can be too trusting or compassionate, small size

Skills/Abilities: She's very nimble and flexible, and can run faster than the average human, stronger than she looks, and is very good at guessing things about people.

Lexie-chan
    Lexie-chan
    Admin

Post  Lexie-chan Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

@Ashen: Yeah, it's fine if Eira is already with the caravan.

@Djinny: Great, you're in!
    purecallisto
    purecallisto

Post  purecallisto Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

So, uh, is it too late if I join now? Because Yani is really eating my head right now. If yes... Okay, people who know me will definitely smack their heads at my chara choice... Embarassed

----

Name: Yani Celindor
    Appearance: Dark midnight purple hair (waist-length), pale skin. She has what humans call "devil's eyes" - very bright neon green eyes with golden flecks. Her 18-year old form has much shorter hair (shoulder-length) and a bit darker eyes, but that's the only major change.

Personality: She has been accused of being crazy, mental, etc. over a thousand times throughout her life. She appears bloodthirsty and childish even in battle, which usually creeps people out so much that they flee. She has a title of Hellfairy, but under the...utter craziness...she is compassionate and nice to people she likes - evidenced by Velacia, teehee - she has an affectionate spot for felines. While she can change appearance to shift between her ages, she is deeply, truly, madly in love with Xephyr, her fiancee. She is not so innocent, on an end note.

Background: Yani comes from a highly-viewed and skilled clan, and she had been taught to use Venos Hae necromancy since a very young age - 9 years, in fact. This was a bit early, and she was scheduled to start at 11, but she did it early anyway. She mastered necromancy at the age of fourteen, and then dedicated her life to travelling until marriage. She has many sisters and brothers. As she is the third eldest daughter, she had to endure the curse that froze her age - when the birthday which is double the age from when the curse took effect comes round, her age unfreezes and she can change appearance to her starting curse age, in this case, 9.
    Likes/Dislikes: She likes killing, felines, Xephyr, 'playing tag', creeping people out, using magic, apples, Gothic-lolita dressing, garnets, the color green, her friends, and her family. She dislikes the dark, vampires, superstitions, arrogance, cowards, and tarantulas.
    Strengths/Weaknesses: While very young-looking, her small size enables her to escape or outrun things easily. She is also flexible and has very good reflexes. Yani's appearance is very cute, but her magic skills certainly dash all types of adorable-cute-little-girly-girl-with-a-penchant-for-dolls thought on the spot. She is a bit easily distracted though, and melee-based or mana-drain attacks can hit her pretty hard.
    Skills/Abilities: She is highly proficient in necromancy. She knows a few low-level holy spells (used as last resorts). Yani is easily bored, so she likes to "play tag" with monsters and people alike. WARNING: This rendition of tag is highly dangerous. Do NOT accept to play. She isn't very good in constitution, and isn't a melee fighter, but she is a good strategist.

....DIES
    God of shadows
    God of shadows

Post  God of shadows Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:56 pm

No, it's not too late to join, ever, cuz this is a caravan rp, remember? But I think it's Lexie who says yes or no 'bout your character...
    purecallisto
    purecallisto

Post  purecallisto Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

Yep. I'm glad if it's implied that it's not too late, though, the Velacia one was a bit... well, it discontinued. Yani kinda hated me after that XD So, Lexie! Over here.
    Ashen
    Ashen

Post  Ashen Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the RP. I just don't have the time for it, at the moment. Sorry.
    Djinny
    Djinny

Post  Djinny Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Dang, I hope we get some new members... Or maybe I should just add a bunch of new kids... Is doubling allowed?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content